Monday 18 March 2024

Do you want email alerts for Pants of War?

 I've been looking into email subscriptions to Blogspot blogs (they used to have it as a feature, but this got turned off in 2021) and even looking at alternatives if it comes to that.

But based on a recommendation from an internet rando, Feedrabbit is a way to subscribe to the site's RSS feed for free.

If you use your own RSS/Atom reader, then you will already be familiar with how to do this.

You have to create a Feedrabbit account, but here's what you get on their free plan:

You just visit their website: feedrabbit.com, and enter https://pantsofwar.blogspot.com/ in the bar and hit Subscribe. 

I think it's best to create an account first before subscribing to something because after I did the above, I got an email confirming my account creation, I put in a password, then on my dashboard I couldn't see any subscriptions so had to resubscribe.

This is what my subs dashboard looks like after creating an account and subscribing:

Note the handy wee unsubscribe button if you think it's rubbish. :)

This post is also acting as a test for me to see how well it works. If it all goes well, I'll add Feedrabbit as a widget in the sidebar to make it obvious.

Give it a crack if you'd like to follow along and let me know what you think of it.

In fact, I think I might add a few other Blogger blogs onto my subs.

No comments:

Post a Comment