Friday 22 March 2024

How do I count 6mm miniatures on my score sheet?

When I started this blog, I started trying to keep a tally of the miniatures I'd painted each year. Mostly that was accurate, but mostly I was painting 28mm is my guess. Or if I was doing 6mm, I was doing scifi and most were tanks, so one 6mm tank is its own mini.

Now with doing the 6mm Napoleonics I'm wondering if perhaps each strip of 6 figures should count as one mini for the scoreboard. In some ways it's still quicker to paint a strip of six than it is to do a single 28mm mini, as my current sidetrack to 28mm Naps and 28mm wild west minis (forthcoming blog post about those) will attest.

Do I count a complete stand as one, which has two strips of six on each for infantry? Or two artillery? Unknown how many cavalry at this stage will be on a stand, but maybe three or four.

It feels like cheating if I count each individual troop, kind of like counting a 32 page comic book toward your total books read for the year. :) haha 

Is there a scale? One 28mm mini  = 1 point? A 10-15mm mini = 0.5 points? A tank = 3.5 points?

One 6mm figure would be 0.25 points? So a strip of 4 would be equivalent to 1 point? And Irregular minis which come on strips of six would be 1.5 points?

That would mean my epic ACW figures, which are 10 per strip and 20 per stand would be 10 points per stand? I mean, it takes me a long time to paint them, but maybe that's too high.

Maybe 10-15mm figures should be 0.25pt (per individual), and 6mm could be 0.1? So ten of them would be the equivalent effort to painting one 28mm mini? That feels a bit better. So my stand of 12 of them would be 1.2 points.

I don't know. What are your thoughts?

Am I overthinking it? Should I just write up a reference sheet and link it to my scoreboard so people can gauge how I do it?

Maybe that's the best. Thanks for listening and talking it through with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment